Sunday, October 09, 2005

I Hate Mobile Phones.Aaargh!! Hmmm...Do I?

A year or two back, perhaps I was the only person in the world who had absolutely no desire to own one, let alone tolerate one.

It seems like 99% of the people who have them only have them because they believe it will impress everyone else. Wrong. No one cares if you have a tiny phone or one with a camera or any other phone with shitty stuff with you, no one honestly does! Even the rickshaw wallas and bus conductors have phones!

Mobiles do not = social status.

Now days people are always on their mobiles, I mean always talking on the phone. They chat about where they are, what they did that day, what they have planned for dinner, etc. But...perhaps I'm wrong, but I don't see the point of ringing up a rather large phone bill just so you can chat with your mates about the events of the day when you can do that much cheaper at home or just meet up at some place and go on blabbering about all.

If one were a parent, or some businessperson or a doctor that needs to be contacted all the time, they would probably have one. Otherwise, I do not see or never saw the point.

Moreover, people driving/riding with them...I cannot count how many times I have nearly been run over or been hold up behind a nutcase who was "driving/riding" and talking on their mobile. This is dangerous for other pedestrians. Why can’t they just stop to the side giving proper signal and talk the bloody day out? However, most people don’t. Therefore, I do my part to teach them a lesson or just piss them off. Whenever I see anyone talking on mobile while driving/riding, I just put my finger on the horn of me vehicle. Haha that really does the trick. Still a much dangerous way is just drive by very close to them, look back, and see the fun.

In addition, some people just don’t even have the common sense to not use the phones when in libraries, hospitals, theaters, temples, etc. and disturb other innocent people who eventually become the victims of their conversations. Alternatively, just keep the mobiles on silent mode and if anyone has the urge to talk go in some bloody corner and talk softly.

Well I've had people tell me I'm just bitter because I didn’t have one at that time. Err...no. The reason I didn’t own one was because I thought I did not need one. If I honestly wanted to talk to someone, I would find a pay phone. On the other hand, use the phone at home or office if I am not out and about.

But well things changed. I had to buy one anyway for some reason. Well it did help me in many ways but monetarily it hasn’t helped me a bit. It's gotten ridiculous, really ridiculous. It has become a necessity and a curse.

Heck, who cares. The words above are not going to change the situation. They might change my views but still I don’t even know whether I really need the mobile or not. Until then I will manage by using it and spending a good amount of money to feed and keep it ringing.

Till next time...

No comments: